[ckan-dev] CKAN and RDF/SPARQL

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed May 25 15:58:25 UTC 2011

On 25 May 2011 14:44, William Waites <ww at styx.org> wrote:
> * [2011-05-25 10:43:03 +0100] David Read <david.read at okfn.org> écrit:
>
> ] Will, do say if I've not covered all the bases, but I don't think the
> ] way CKAN stores its data internally is an issue for dealing in RDF to
> ] the outside world. We can happily store any RDF properties of a
> ] package in the extra fields, using JSON structures if necessary.
>
> You could do that but it would be really weird. The "RDF properties"
> are already the same properties that a package has.

Sorry I should have been clearer - I'm talking here about package
properties that don't fit in the core package fields. There's not a
problem with the core package fields mapping comfortably to RDF, are
there Will?

And if Ed decides to use any extra fields, can express lists and
dictionaries in our extras fields - they are not limited to string
values. And these can be worked with sanely in CKAN via forms, SOLR,
and (with an extension) the API.

David