[ckan-dev] Buildbot status

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Fri Nov 11 13:10:33 UTC 2011

With David moving the CKAN source to Github, I've updated the buildbot
scripts and they are working now. See:
http://buildbot.okfn.org/waterfall

For the new developers on the team, the buildbot is designed to be an
independent authority on whether tests pass or not. This avoids
unnecessary 'but it works on my machine' and 'can you try it on your
machine' conversations. And when it breaks, it sends an email to the
team to nag them to fix it. You'll have seen several false alarms in
the past 24hr while I've been working on this - sorry about those.

For reference, the build scripts remain here:
https://bitbucket.org/okfn/buildbot-scripts but exactly what they do
is echoed to the log too.

Occasionally the build fails because of network failure. It's a shame,
but we just ignore these.

I maintain the buildbot scripts, but it's up to us all to try to avoid
test breakages and get them fixed quickly. And it's great that Ian has
fixed up the DGU tests which have long been broken due to changes in
CKAN core.

Let's keep the columns green!

David

PS Caveats to my latest changes:
* I've disabled the tests of CKAN release branches until I'm a bit
more familiar of how to do this
* importlib tests disabled - broken due to new extra field
functionality, but I don't think this is a priority to fix