[ckan-dev] Developer installation instructions

Tom Rees zephod at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 18:27:18 UTC 2011

I've just had to reinstall from the github repo, and coming at it from
scratch I tried to install CKAN neatly while logging my actions. I've tried
to do it in a similar way to other OKFN projects (eg the webstore), where i
clone the repo, create a virtualenv, and install the project (CKAN prefers
to install from github, effectively cloning the repo again somewhere inside
the virtualenv).

So here's what I've written up. Let's discuss it here on the list rather
than replying to the gist.
https://gist.github.com/gists/1386391