[ckan-dev] Datapkggui - proposals & questions

Daniel Graziotin d at danielgraziotin.it
Wed Nov 2 13:06:27 UTC 2011

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 1:27 PM, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
> Hi Daniel,
> [..]
> Suggest you just name this the DataDeck as per http://wiki.ckan.org/DataDeck

Accepted. I am going to rename it DataDeck and this will be the final name.

>> There should be a library wrapping the common operations of dpm -
>
> Agreed. I've tried to start having a middle layer in dpm but more work
> is needed.
> Is it possible for you to fork dpm and work on that and then make pull
> requests rather than putting in GUI layer? If you start out small we
> can get an idea of where this is going and move pretty quicly.

Yes, it is. I already have dpm forked on GitHub. I will add the file
to dpm level and make pull requests.

>> 3) Being datapkggui written using wxPython, it should have a good
>> support for different OS. Can it directly be coded inside dpm, e.g.
>> dpm.gui or dpm.wxgui?
> Python now supports 'subpackages' so this is possible. For the moment
> it may be best to keep this in a separate repo though can be persuaded
> either way. Already have:
>
> <https://github.com/okfn/datadeck>
>
> Which we could deprecate / rename and replace with your code :-)
>> Rufus

I will rename my datapkggui repository to datadeck. It will be on
https://github.com/dgraziotin/datadeck.
I will also just focus on dpm and drop datapkg support. Unfortunately,
I don't have so much time to support both.
Thank you for your reply, now I have more clear ideas.

Best regards,

Dott. Daniel Graziotin
-email: d at danielgraziotin.it
-phone no: +393400788910