[ckan-dev] Dataset relationships

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Nov 16 16:31:56 UTC 2011

On 16 November 2011 15:57, Jan Kučera <elquenor at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have noticed that CKAN dataset has attribute called “relationships”. I
> would like to ask how to set package relationships in CKAN?
>
> I was not able to locate any option in the user interface to set the
> relationships between datasets.

Yes, we've not implemented editing in the Web UI yet, although
relationships are listed on each dataset page in the Web UI once
created. it's really an experimental feature at the moment and likely
to change. So feel free to try it out, let us know how you get on and
that will feed into its development.

> I suppose that relationships can be set
> using CKAN API (as described in this CKAN wiki article:
> http://wiki.ckan.org/Domain_Model/Package_Relationship). I tried to set some
> relationships between datasets in Czech CKAN instance (cz.ckan.bet) but the
> server always returned status code “403 Forbidden”. Is it possible that the
> relationships between datasets are disabled in the Czech CKAN instance? If
> so, how to enable this feature?

It should work fine at cz.ckan.net. Have you set your API key in the
'Authorization' header?

David