[ckan-dev] git move

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Wed Nov 30 16:55:00 UTC 2011

The plan is to do the bulk of the migrations first thing tomorrow, so
that it is in time for the DGU packaging.

Here's the list of repos:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvCDqUH8jVN8dGNVNEpXLWk3UTlJZXhFMjBPbXVtRmc
(& I've given edit permission to all the team members - ping me if I
happened to forget you)

James, John, Adria & David (and anyone else able to help), please do
put your name against a bunch of these to do the migrations. I've
taken on all the DGU repos so that I can get buildbot working straight
away (unless any one thinks there might be an issue with that?)

@Rufus in particular, it would be good if you could run through the
list to say what the status of many of these are - it would be good to
mark repos that are deprecated and not worth moving.

Dave

2011/11/30 Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com>:
> On 30 November 2011 12:49, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

>>> I'm happy with a big-bang day but I'm also happy with piecemeal.
>>
>> Great, big bang it is.
>>
>> How about tomorrow afternoon?
> Will this affect the DGU deployment in some way (packaging)? There are
> quite a lot of extensions involved (dgu, csw, inspire, harvest,
> spatial, qa, ...)
>
> Also, maybe it's my impression, but there seem to be a lot of
> deprecated or old extensions with no clear owner:
>
> https://bitbucket.org/repo/all?name=ckanext
>
> I guess that the git move will be a good time to make some clean up?
>
> BTW, I updated the email addresses when migrating ckanext-iati (sorry,
> I might have traces of OCD) using this, and it worked perfectly:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/732819/can-i-change-the-username-on-a-mercurial-changeset
>
> On 30 November 2011 12:49, David Read <david.read at okfn.org> wrote:

>>> I'm happy with a big-bang day but I'm also happy with piecemeal.
>>
>> Great, big bang it is.
>>
>> How about tomorrow afternoon?
>>
>> David
>>
>>> Steps
>>> I've been doing (for CKAN or otherwise) are:
>>>
>>> 0. Boot github repo
>>> 1. Convert repo (see below) and push up
>>> 2. Keep a backup copy of mercurial