[ckan-dev] Mistakes in the documentation

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Fri Sep 9 12:52:48 UTC 2011

Hi Max,

Thanks a lot for pointing these out. I know David has now fixed them
but just wanted to let you know (and anyone else) that you can submit
fixes like these directly to the codebase. All you need to do is fork
the repo, commit your fixes to your copy, push them and submit a pull
request (step-by-step instructions below).

Regards,

Rufus

* Visit the CKAN repo on bitbucket: <http://bitbucket.org/okfn/ckan>
* Click on the fork button at top right (blue arrow pointing diagonally upwards)
 * You will probably have to be logged in to do this
* You'll then have a cloned version which you can pull down to your
local machine (hg clone https://bitbucket.org/{username]/ckan
* Edit the relevant files
* Push to your repo: hg push
* Submit a pull request

More info is here:
http://confluence.atlassian.com/display/BITBUCKET/Bitbucket+101

On 8 September 2011 12:28, Max Ludwig <maxe.ludwig at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I found two. Is there a tracker for those kind of bugs?
>
> 1. In "Prepare to Use Extensions" it says to install "pip" but
> assuming it is written for Ubuntu Lucid Lynx it should be
> "python-pip". "pip" is an entirely different package. The maintainers
> messed things up because there exists a command called "pip" in both
> packages:
>
> python-pip
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/all/python-pip/filelist
>
> pip
> http://packages.ubuntu.com/lucid/all/pip/filelist
>
> 2. In "Option 2: Install from Source" step 5 it says "Here we choose
> ckantest as the database and ckanuser as the user:" but both commands
> use "ckantest" as user name.
>
> Cheers

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation