[ckan-dev] dataset urls

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 14:34:29 UTC 2012

Hi,

With both the disqus and social plugins we have an issue that when the url
for a dataset is changed we loose/break all shares/comment info.

One option is to use the /dataset/uuid url which already works but this is
ugly.

A second is to have some redirect url that we can use for this purpose so
that we have permanent urls

If we where to go for the second option then we could also do our own url
shortening at the same time something like ckan.org/s/rfY6f which would
also be useful for sharing via twitter etc

Personally I quite like the url shortening redirect

Thoughts?

Toby