[ckan-dev] Delete parse_rfc_2822_date()?

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Apr 18 17:04:26 UTC 2012

Does anyone mind if I delete the parse_rfc_2822_date() function from
helpers.py? These two tests for the function:

ckan.tests.lib.test_helpers.TestHelpers.test_parse_rfc_2822_gmt_case
ckan.tests.lib.test_helpers.TestHelpers.test_parse_rfc_2822_with_offset

have been failing on master in some timezones. They fail for me and on
Jenkins (both in Germany) but they pass on my linode and for some other
ckan devs (located in the UK).

I'm not sure who's wrong - the function or the tests. The function is
not used anywhere in CKAN core, except by the tests.

(I really want to see all tests passing on master on jenkins.)