[ckan-dev] Use git submodules to manage recline in CKAN

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 23:10:09 UTC 2012

Hello

Have anyone tried fanstatic?  http://www.fanstatic.org/en/0.11.2/index.html

It essentially lets you put your js/css dependencies in a python package
and it will inject it into your html for you and serve them. It already has
packages on pypi for things like backbone and bootstrap.  Adding a recline
package on pypi would seem to make sense and would be generally good to do
anyway.

It may be a heavyweight solution but I think it would also work much better
for the current way we do our dependencies and debian packaging. It also
will do our minifying, cache invalidation for us and easy config to switch
them off for development.  I am not sure how will in works for subdomains
and not root script paths though.

I have not used it and am slightly wary of another dependency but it seems
like exactly what is needed.

David