[ckan-dev] Code sprawl

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 08:05:56 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm getting the qa extension to work with the new demo/ckan I'm finding the
layout of the code templates painful to work with.

there are 7 templates arranged as follows

templates_new/ckanext/qa/
|-- dataset
|   |-- broken_resource_links
|   |   `-- index.html
|   |-- five_stars
|   |   `-- index.html
|   `-- index.html
|-- index.html
`-- organisation
    |-- broken_resource_links
    |   |-- index.html
    |   `-- organisation.html
    `-- index.html

there are 6 controllers in 6 files including this gem

base.py
from ckan.lib.base import BaseController

class QAController(BaseController):
    pass

most of the controllers have a couple of actions that just call one
function and render a template

This just seems to be creating files just for the sake of it and makes
working with the code a pain.  Is this just me who thinks this?  Personally
I'd just like to clean this all up whilst I'm looking at it.

Toby