[ckan-dev] W3C validation compliancy (nice to have future feature)

Luca De Santis desantis at netseven.it
Thu Aug 2 08:42:19 UTC 2012

Ciao
as a "nice to have" feature for a next CKAN release I'd suggest some cleaning-up of HTML (and possibly CSS) code, in order to make the default theme compliant to W3C specifications and validators.

For example if you try to validate the present 1.8 default theme (on http://test.ckan.org) you get some errors. See:
http://validator.w3.org/check?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.ckan.org%2F&charset=%28detect+automatically%29&doctype=Inline&group=0

Most of them are quite simple to correct.

We are trying to fix this issue for http://dati.toscana.it (which has on the other hand a *very* customized theme), since accessibility is a very sensible issue for Italian Public Administrations (read: there's plenty of a**l retentive people here that look at these things).

CSS validator compliancy would be nice too, but it seems that work on that is much harder. See:
http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/validator?uri=http%3A%2F%2Ftest.ckan.org%2F&profile=css3&usermedium=all&warning=1&vextwarning=&lang=it

Ciao,
Luca

--