[ckan-dev] W3C validation compliancy (nice to have future feature)

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 10:17:08 UTC 2012

On 2 August 2012 09:42, Luca De Santis <desantis at netseven.it> wrote:

> Ciao
> as a "nice to have" feature for a next CKAN release I'd suggest some
> cleaning-up of HTML (and possibly CSS) code, in order to make the default
> theme compliant to W3C specifications and validators.

Luca,

We are working on a new templating structure which probably be introduced
in ckan 2.0.  We will be moving over to jinja2 as a templating language.
Existing templates will remain supported.  This clean start should allow us
to make sure that our html/css validate correctly.  The new system should
also make it much easier to customise ckan.

I think this is an important feature for ckan.  I have created a ticket so
this is not lost http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2795

Toby