[ckan-dev] Search API does not return resource_type

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Tue Aug 14 20:13:43 UTC 2012

Hi Phillip,

Sorry for the long delay in getting back to you, things have been very
busy. Have you made any progress on your issue?

I'm doubly sorry because there is a simple answer to your question. The
package_search action of the CKAN API v3 returns more detailed dicts for
all of the package's resources including their resource types. Example:

curl 'http://127.0.0.1:5000/api/action/package_search' -d '{"q": "foobar"}'

You can find detailed docs for CKAN's v3 API here:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/latest/apiv3.html

those docs are for the current development version of CKAN (1.8 beta),
so not everything documented there will work with CKAN 1.5 (for example
the GET-able actions do not work, you have to POST to them). There is
also documentation for the CKAN API v3 in the CKAN 1.5 docs so you might
want to consult that instead, but it is not as detailed.