[ckan-dev] 1.8 status update

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Aug 15 08:43:18 UTC 2012

Hi all,

This last couple of weeks have been really intense and perhaps the
upcoming 1.8 release hasn't received all the love it deserves. I
apologize for that, but hopefully we can do one last push before next
week and keep our release schedule. Have a look at the list below,
there is work for everyone!

* I've updated the DataHub (http://thedatahub.org/) to use version
1.8b. This is our main testing platform, so please all have a look
around and report any glitch that you may find or that users report as
soon as possible. Rufus, Ross you probably know some important points
that should be tested (I've also updated ckanext-datastorer and
ckanext-datahub). ** The update took far longer than it should because
of local changes, please add them properly to ckan codebase or move
them to ckanext-datahub **

* I was planning to release 1.7.2 in parallel with 1.8 because it has
a fair amount of important bug fixes. If someone has been working in a
big fix that I may have missed on 1.7.2 please say so.

* Translations should be updated and tested, Sean, can you pull the
latest ones from Transifex to 1.8? We'll deploy them to TDH.

* The debian packaging has not yet been tested with 1.8. I don't know
how the changes made in the requirements will affect it, but I suspect
changes need to be made to the build server, and we should test the
package install on Ubuntu 10.04 and 12.04. (Or are we supporting just
10.04 for package installs?) Ian, could you lead on this? Feel free to
recruit testers if needed.

* Pull requests for 1.8. I think the only ones pending are:

- #84 There has been a lively discussion on this one, Toby, Ian,
David: are you happy with the outcome? Can you guys decide if it can
be merged or not?
- #85 Sean: I assume this is not for 1.8?
- #87 (#2788) Toby: I made the modifications you suggested, do you
mind merging when you are have the change?

https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/84
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/85
https://github.com/okfn/ckan/pull/87

* Still some standing 1.8 tickets in trac [1], please all have a look
so we don't miss anything important
#2639 means that the Embedding of recline fails in some cases. There
are two recline issues, #195 and #196 that need fixing either in
recline or ckan, Rufus could you have a look and decide what needs to
be done?

https://github.com/okfn/recline/issues/195
https://github.com/okfn/recline/issues/196

* Docs, docs, doooooooooocs!!!

Feel free to report any 1.8 related issue that I may have missed.

Cheers,

Adrià

[1] http://trac.ckan.org/query?status=assigned&status=new&status=accepted&status=reopened&group=status&milestone=ckan-v1.8