[ckan-dev] Trouble installing ckan

mehdi benchoufi benchoufi.mehdi at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 08:34:39 UTC 2012

Hi,

I am trying to install ckan. In fact, working with Ubuntu 12.04, I had to
follow this doc :
http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/install-from-source.html

But at step 4, when running : pip install --ignore-installed -e git+
https://github.com/okfn/ckan.git#egg=ckan,
Numbers of files were downloaded, but the process seemed not to be
complete.

Then at Step 5, I didn't find the files requires/lucid_missing.txt,
requires/conflict.txt, requires/lucid_present.txt. So I decided to run this
commands : pip install --ignore-installed -r
pyenv/src/ckan/pip-requirements-docs.text, pip install --ignore-installed
-r pyenv/src/ckan/pip-requirements-test.doc, and pip install
--ignore-installed -r pyenv/src/ckan/MANIFEST.ini, but I have numbres of
error message as in the following :
http://www.2shared.com/photo/6pN6Irny/Capture_dcran_2012-08-23__1030.html

Does anyone can help fixing the problem ?

Best, Mehdi