[ckan-dev] Author not visible if dataset is created via python code

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Aug 8 08:42:21 UTC 2012

> I noticed a bug via using my own extension. It relates to how CKAN
> displays data on the dataset "View" page. I have created a dataset in my
> extension, added an author and saved it successfully. When viewing the
> dataset, the author is not visible, but in settings page it is set
> correctly.

Well spotted, this is a bug in CKAN (I was able to reproduce it using
the current development version/master branch). If you enter an author,
the dataset read page still says 'Author not given'. If you enter both
an author name and email address then it will show up.

I've created a ticket to get this fixed:

http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2811

Thanks