[ckan-dev] Problems with OpenID on Czech CKAN

Ondřej Vadinský ondrej.vadinsky at vse.cz
Sun Aug 19 14:05:25 UTC 2012

Dne Pá 17. srpna 2012 13.11:30, Sean Hammond napsal(a):
> OpenID is disabled because it causes a lot of problems, our intention is
> to remove OpenId support completely in a future version of CKAN. Can you
> get by without using OpenID?

Hi,

yes, I am aware of that, since I read some bug reports. Problem is, that most
of our packages are locked for public changes and till now the users were
encouraged to use OpenID acounts. I do not know if the packages can be
modified by any logged-in user, or by their creators only. If the first is
true, then we can manage withouth OpenID, if the second is true, we would need
OpenID at least temporarily, to enable the users to log in and sort it out.
Also if it is possible for existing accounts to change login method from
OpenID to other, then it would be better to have OpenID working for some time
to let the users do the change.

Regards,
Ondřej Vadinský