[ckan-dev] Report some bugs on CKAN 1.7 and 1.8

Ross Jones ross.jones at okfn.org
Wed Aug 22 08:48:58 UTC 2012

On 22 Aug 2012, at 09:43, Sean Hammond wrote:

>> * Related items of dataset can be "ideas" and don't have necessarily an URL (so it's not a required field)
>
> I talked with Ross and Toby about this, we think maybe the "Idea" type
> is a bit vague and should be removed.

Better than removed, I've added a ticket to make the types configurable so that you have more control over what the types are and so can just have those that have meaning to you.  The problem with 'Idea' is that it is likely to be either embodied in a blog post or in the description field, whereas 'related items' are really links to other resources (either external or internal)

I've added a ticket at http://trac.ckan.org/ticket/2886 if you want to follow.

Ross.