[ckan-dev] [ckan-discuss] CKAN 1.8: Call for translations on Transifex

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Aug 22 09:20:31 UTC 2012

> I've noticed a few typo in the french translation.
> Could you explain me how to let you know which strings to update? Can I
> use git to propose some commits ? (I am not very familiar with this
> process but keen to learn :))

Glad to hear it! We don't use git to manage CKAN translations, we use
www.transifex.com. You need to go register an account on transifex.com
first. Then go to:

https://www.transifex.com/projects/p/ckan/language/fr/

and you should see a button you can click to apply to join the French
translation team. Once you've joined the team you can edit the
translations using transifex's web interfacce. Once you've finished your
corrections you can send an email to this list. I think it's also a good
idea to use the Discussions tab on the French team's page on Transifex
to let the team know what you're doing.