[ckan-dev] [CKAN1.8] IndexError when editing existing datasets

Knud Hinnerk Möller knud at datalysator.com
Wed Dec 19 16:06:10 UTC 2012

Hi,

in CKAN1.8, I'm having a problem where editing an existing dataset leads to an IndexError in the unflatten() function in lib/navl/dictization_functions.py (line 394). The complete stacktrace is at http://pastebin.com/eqJYyyMt

This is only happening when editing existing datasets, not creating new ones. It seems to happen on any dataset I'm trying, so I don't think it's related to the value of any particular field.

I'm using an extension which defines a custom dataset template: https://github.com/knudmoeller/ckanext-berlin (development branch). I'm assuming the problem lies in the form_to_db_schema() setup, but so far I couldn't find it. I'll keep digging, but if someone sees the problem straight away in the meantime, please let me know!

Cheers,
Knud