[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 23:16:13 UTC 2012

On 18 December 2012 16:41, David Raznick <david.raznick at okfn.org> wrote:

> Hello All
>
> I have turned github issues on for CKAN.  Good news is that all pull
> requests are already there and makes them easy to see which ones are
> assigned to you.
>
> I have only added 4 labels. Priorty based ones and a CKAN 2.0 is for stuff
> that *must* get fixed for the release.
>
> We will not yet move over any tickets from trac and we hope to keep the
> issue list clean and try and avoid anything that we do not intend to work
> on over the next couple of months (maximum).  All future and nice to have
> ideas should be discussed somewhere else in order to avoid clutter and they
> should be purged regularly.
>
> A good reference to understand how it works seems to be this blog article.
>
> https://github.com/blog/831-issues-2-0-the-next-generation
>
> It tells you how to make your commit messages to come up/close an issue.

Ok this isn't making sense for me.  I have issue #216 which I have fixed -
however to do this I now have branch 216 which I push and then have to add
as a pull request #218 I then have to link these two 'issues' but there is
not any real linkage.  Now maybe I should have closed #216 but it feels it
is not fixed until the code is merged.  Also the new pull request does not
have priority etc of the original issue.

How do people think we should deal with this?  Should I have marked #216 as
fixed?

toby