[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Dec 19 11:06:35 UTC 2012

> > Ok this isn't making sense for me.  I have issue #216 which I have fixed -
> > however to do this I now have branch 216 which I push and then have to add
> > as a pull request #218 I then have to link these two 'issues' but there is
> > not any real linkage.  Now maybe I should have closed #216 but it feels it
> > is not fixed until the code is merged.  Also the new pull request does not
> > have priority etc of the original issue.
> >

> ok we can do like this
>
>  curl --user tobes        --request POST        --data '{"issue": "222",
> "head": "222-test-branch", "base": "master"}'
> https://api.github.com/repos/okfn/ckan/pulls
>
> and this will add the pull request to the issue.  I may make a little
> helper script to do this as I won't remember that but it does work

No opinion yet on how we should handle this, but I think you're right
that you need to use the API if you want to make a pull request for an
existing issue rather than having it create a new issue when you make
the pull request:

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4528869/how-do-you-attach-a-new-pull-request-to-an-existing-issue-on-github

"Hub" is a script that adds some github-specific commands to git, e.g.
git pull-request, and apparently you can tell it what existing issue to
make the pull request for using the -i arg:

    git pull-request -i 4

http://defunkt.io/hub/

Not tried