[ckan-dev] Github Issues

Toby Dacre toby.okfn at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 09:11:28 UTC 2012

On 18 December 2012 23:16, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 18 December 2012 16:41, David Raznick <david.raznick at okfn.org> wrote:
>
>> Hello All
>>
>> I have turned github issues on for CKAN.  Good news is that all pull
>> requests are already there and makes them easy to see which ones are
>> assigned to you.
>>
>> I have only added 4 labels. Priorty based ones and a CKAN 2.0 is for
>> stuff that *must* get fixed for the release.
>>
>> We will not yet move over any tickets from trac and we hope to keep the
>> issue list clean and try and avoid anything that we do not intend to work
>> on over the next couple of months (maximum).  All future and nice to have
>> ideas should be discussed somewhere else in order to avoid clutter and they
>> should be purged regularly.
>>
>> A good reference to understand how it works seems to be this blog article.
>>
>> https://github.com/blog/831-issues-2-0-the-next-generation
>>
>> It tells you how to make your commit messages to come up/close an issue.
>>

> Ok this isn't making sense for me.  I have issue #216 which I have fixed -
> however to do this I now have branch 216 which I push and then have to add
> as a pull request #218 I then have to link these two 'issues' but there is
> not any real linkage.  Now maybe I should have closed #216 but it feels it
> is not fixed until the code is merged.  Also the new pull request does not
> have priority etc of the original issue.

ok we can do like this

 curl --user tobes        --request POST        --data '{"issue": "222",
"head": "222-test-branch", "base": "master"}'
https://api.github.com/repos/okfn/ckan/pulls

and this will add the pull request to the issue.  I may make a little
helper script to do this as I won't remember that but it does work

How do people think we should deal with this?  Should I have marked #216 as