[ckan-dev] python-ckanclient on Debian Sid (unstable) and dpm packaging issues

J. Félix Ontañón fontanon at emergya.es
Sat Feb 11 18:24:56 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I'm happy to announce python-ckanclient-0.9 has been succesfully
packaged[1] and accepted[2] in Debian Sid for several archs[3].
As Ubuntu guys uses to sync packages from Sid (except LTS releases)
I'm hoping this will be available in next Ubuntu 12.04 repos too.

Nowadays I'm working on dpm packaging[4] but got some issues:
* dpm package name is already used by Disk Pool Manager[5], part of
the gLite middleware suite.
* dpm lastest release has no manpage for the executable file. I've
created one[6] but a new version including it should be released in
order to package an original released tarball containing the manpage.
* dpm includes docs: they should be included in a dpm-doc like package
or not packaged at all. What do you think it's better?

There's solution for every issue, but first is the one that annoys me more.
Cheers!

[1] https://github.com/okfn/ckanclient/tree/debian-sid
[2] http://packages.qa.debian.org/c/ckanclient.html
[3] https://buildd.debian.org/status/package.php?p=ckanclient