[ckan-dev] New feature: spatial filter

Adrià Mercader amercadero at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:19:42 UTC 2012

On 22 February 2012 14:39, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2) when I search the map resizes (for best fit) which is confusing as it
> changes from what was searched on. search a tiny area to see this
I've now fixed this, passing the previous extent to the new page as
Toby suggested so the map stays the same.
(You may need to refresh your cache to see it)
Definitely much nicer now!

On 22 February 2012 17:50, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>> * This is not very convenient.
>> The next piece of work will be working on a small editor on the
>> dataset form where you can draw the geometry directly on top of a map.
>
> Agreed. Is there anything out of the box for this in openlayers (I
> want this for HyperNotes [1] too!)
>
> [1]: http://okfnlabs.org/hypernotes/
> http://hypernotes.dev.okfn.org/tester/napoleon
Yes. This is what I'm planning to use (just a subset of all the
functionality, of course):
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/draw-feature.html
http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/modify-feature.html

This option is the more tested and reliable, but if you want to live
on the bleeding edge, you can have a look at the drawing tools that
are being implemented right now in Leaflet:

https://github.com/CloudMade/Leaflet/issues/174