[ckan-dev] New feature: spatial filter

Mark Wainwright mark.wainwright at okfn.org
Wed Feb 22 23:33:32 UTC 2012

I agree that it's awesome!

Re the modes - how about having a 'hand' and 'pointer' tool at the top
(or bottom) of the map? I think this is reasonably widely understood
and quite economical - when the hand tool is selected the mouse drags
(pans) the map; when the pointer is selected, it can click-and-drag to
select a rectangle. Of course, this could also be explained in the
text.

Possibilities for 'Clear': it could be done with a single click (i.e.
a click without drag); or by unticking a check box by 'Filter by
location'.

Mark

2012/2/22 Adrià Mercader <amercadero at gmail.com>:
> On 22 February 2012 14:39, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 2) when I search the map resizes (for best fit) which is confusing as it
>> changes from what was searched on. search a tiny area to see this
> I've now fixed this, passing the previous extent to the new page as
> Toby suggested so the map stays the same.
> (You may need to refresh your cache to see it)
> Definitely much nicer now!
>
> On 22 February 2012 17:50, Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org> wrote:
>>> * This is not very convenient.
>>> The next piece of work will be working on a small editor on the
>>> dataset form where you can draw the geometry directly on top of a map.
>>
>> Agreed. Is there anything out of the box for this in openlayers (I
>> want this for HyperNotes [1] too!)
>>
>> [1]: http://okfnlabs.org/hypernotes/
>> http://hypernotes.dev.okfn.org/tester/napoleon
> Yes. This is what I'm planning to use (just a subset of all the
> functionality, of course):
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/draw-feature.html
> http://openlayers.org/dev/examples/modify-feature.html
>
> This option is the more tested and reliable, but if you want to live
> on the bleeding edge, you can have a look at the drawing tools that
> are being implemented right now in Leaflet:
>
> https://github.com/CloudMade/Leaflet/issues/174

Mark Wainwright, CKAN Community Co-ordinator
Open Knowledge Foundation http://okfn.org/
Skype: m.wainwright