[ckan-dev] fi.thedatahub.org installation - some help needed

Henri Ahti henri.ahti at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 03:05:19 UTC 2012

Hi,

We are currently installing ckan to fi.thedatahub.org. We used package
installation on ubuntu 10.04 server according to these instructions:
http://readthedocs.org/docs/ckan/en/latest/install-from-package.html.
However, there seems to be extra '?id=None' -parameter that is appended to
some links, for example to 'Search' -link
(http://fi.thedatahub.org/dataset?id=None), and that of course screws up
the search (adds an extra unwanted search filter). There are several other
places, even when creating a new package. So, it seems that there is extra
get -parameter that is for whatever reason carried around. Do you have any
idea what might cause this and how to fix it?
Only thing that went 'wrong' in the installation was that we had to
initialize database after installation scripts failed to do it.

Also, we need two extensions on our installation. Googleanalytics and
disqus. Googleanalytics seems to work at least somewhat (writes to log
after doing its things) after installing it like instructed in the
tutorial
(http://readthedocs.org/docs/ckan/en/latest/install-from-package.html) and
in the extension readme. But, we can't seem to get disqus working. Ckan
finds the extension, but it does seem to do nothing (does not write
anything to log). We have disqus account 'datahubsuomi' for
fi.thedatahub.org and ckan is configured to use extensions like so:
ckan.plugins = disqus googleanalytics
disqus.name = datahubsuomi

Is there some further magic that is required or is there some compability
issue with newer ckan version/package install version or something else
that we should know?

Thank you and Regards,
Henri