[ckan-dev] Datasets without current revision

David Raznick kindly at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 18:27:48 UTC 2012

Hello Adria,

> I'm not sure if this was caused by a bad DB import when reinstalling
> test.ckan.org on s023 or something else is going on.
> Any clues on that?

There were some issues with the revision purging code a long while ago that
caused the issue.  i,e if the latest revision got purged then the it would
not put the current one on the latest.  I fixed the data manually for
thedatahub so that is why there are differences.  Hopefully they should not
recur.

> On a related note, shouldn't we capture these exceptions when
> rebuilding the search index so the process does not stop and most of
> the datasets are indeed indexed? (Right now, test.ckan.org only shows
> 607 datasets, because the 608th threw the exception)
>
> I remember doing this at some point but maybe it was for a different error
or got rewritten.