[ckan-dev] fi.thedatahub.org installation - some help needed

David Read david.read at okfn.org
Sun Jan 15 22:22:35 UTC 2012

(sorry for the delay - this reply was languishing in my drafts folder)

On 13 January 2012 03:05, Henri Ahti <henri.ahti at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are currently installing ckan to fi.thedatahub.org. We used package
> installation on ubuntu 10.04 server according to these instructions:
> http://readthedocs.org/docs/ckan/en/latest/install-from-package.html.
> However, there seems to be extra '?id=None' -parameter that is appended to
> some links, for example to 'Search' -link
> (http://fi.thedatahub.org/dataset?id=None), and that of course screws up
> the search (adds an extra unwanted search filter). There are several other
> places, even when creating a new package. So, it seems that there is extra
> get -parameter that is for whatever reason carried around. Do you have any
> idea what might cause this and how to fix it?

Yes, we've seen this appear in a couple of places due to a
configuration change in using Routes about a month ago. We closed off
those links that we found with the problem, but obviously you've found
one or more others, or perhaps they are in a custom theme? Do let us
know exactly which page and link is the problem.

> Only thing that went 'wrong' in the installation was that we had to
> initialize database after installation scripts failed to do it.

Great to hear it was all pretty smooth otherwise. If you have the
details of the problem then do let us know so we can fix it for
others.

> Also, we need two extensions on our installation. Googleanalytics and
> disqus. Googleanalytics seems to work at least somewhat (writes to log
> after doing its things) after installing it like instructed in the
> tutorial
> (http://readthedocs.org/docs/ckan/en/latest/install-from-package.html) and
> in the extension readme. But, we can't seem to get disqus working.

The Disqus extension isn't compatible with the default CKAN 1.5+
theme, and there may be other problems with the upgrade. I wouldn't
have thought it is complicated, but someone would have to work on it -
either an interested volunteer or paying customer. It's not something
that was decided we wanted for thedatahub.org.

David