[ckan-dev] 1.8 branched

Adrià Mercader adria.mercader at okfn.org
Wed Jul 25 16:49:49 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I've just branched the upcoming 1.8 release (branch release-v1.8). As
usual with major releases, we intend to have a 3 week cycle, with the
first two weeks allowing fixes and documentation changes, and the last
one only allowing critical fixes.

Please, let's make an effort to finish off any pending documentation
ticket as well as document any new feature that we have introduced.
Users will certainly be grateful for it and it will save as support
time.

One think that remains to be discussed is where do we deploy this beta
version. Up until now we were using thedatahub.org as test server, but
now we have test.ckan.org available also. TDH offers a much bigger
user base (in fact it offers *a* user base as opposed to test),
allowing bugs and issues to surface much more quickly, but of course
it has more potential for disruption. I'll deploy 1.8b to test, but
I'll leave to Ross, Rufus and David to decide whether to deploy it to
TDH or not.

Cheers,

Adrià