[ckan-dev] File Upload Hugs ckan 1.7

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Sat Jul 28 10:02:31 UTC 2012

Hi John,

As Adria says, the question here is whether you have set up the
DataStore or not (and are storing data into it). CKAN provides 2
routes for doing Data (Pre)Views:

* Use the DataProxy route
* Use the DataStore route

The DataProxy route does not require you to install anything as it
uses a DataProxy running outside of CKAN and it will usually work for
CSV and Excel files. A summary of how the system works is given in
this diagram here:

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1IkZluguoWT6Gd92_-0uHeFviZkUrufQdeP9b76e8Zu0/edit

To assist here can you provide the URL to the CSV file referenced in
the Resource that you are trying to view?

Rufus

Co-Founder, Open Knowledge Foundation