[ckan-dev] Problems with localization

Luca De Santis dex at lucadex.it
Thu Jul 26 14:02:41 UTC 2012

Hi all,
for my CKAN project (http://dati.toscana.it ) I need to fix some translations that are missing from the original .pot file.
(eg. ckan/templates/package/search.html:25 "Resource formats". There are a few places that need a fix in this sense).

I'm a bit stuck. Here are the problems:

1. if I add the following lines directly on the .../i18n/it/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po and do a rebuild, things do not work
#: ckan/templates/package/search.html:25
msgid "Resource Formats"
msgstr "Formato dei file"

2. I also tried to edit the ckan.pot file, adding the aforementioned message, and updating afterwords the ckan.po file.
I get several errors since **it seems that ckan.pot and it/.../ckan.po files are not in sync**.
This is the kind of errors that I get:

> (pyenv)ckan at ckan:~/pyenv/src/ckan-i18n$ python setup.py compile_catalog --locale it
> running compile_catalog
> 312 of 419 messages (74%) translated in 'ckan/i18n/it/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po'
> error: ckan/i18n/it/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po:68: placeholders are incompatible
> error: ckan/i18n/it/LC_MESSAGES/ckan.po:86: placeholders are incompatible
I checked the updated ckan.po file and in fact some messages do not match.

**IMPORTANT**: I repeated this process downloading from scratch both "ckan.pot" and the "it" version of the ckan.po (that by the way I contributed to translate) from Transifex. I took the files for the 1.7 version, that is the one I'm using.

Any guess?

Please let me know.

TIA!

Ciao,