[ckan-dev] template variables

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Jul 26 11:25:27 UTC 2012

> One of the issues we have is that if we set cache-control: public then proxy
> servers can cache stuff and we cannot invalidate it
> ckan has some internal page caching which can be invalidated.

I don't see a problem with your design - proxies caching for a period
works for me. Datasets being correct up-to-the-minute is nice, but not
essential, since they don't change that often.

I have added the 'Alter: Cookie' header to DGU to avoid problems with
public caches when the user logs-in.

BTW It would be useful if headers like this could be configurable in
ckan, without having to monkey patch.

Dave