[ckan-dev] CKAN DataStore

Eduardo Santos eduardo.edusantos at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 13:30:29 UTC 2012

Hi everybody,

I don't know how you are using elastic search on datastore, but it's pretty
simple to search in multiple datasets. You just have to create one
different index on elastic search per dataset. It would be something like
this:

http://ckan.net/api/data/dataset1 - First dataset
http://ckan.net/api/data/dataset2 - Second dataset

When performing searches, the only thing you would have to do is to send it
to elastic search root:

curl -XPOST 'http://ckan.net/api/data/_search' -d
'{query:{"query_string":"q"}}'

This will search on all datasets for the term 'q'

2012/7/23 Rufus Pollock <rufus.pollock at okfn.org>

> On 23 July 2012 12:08, Dittwald, Benjamin
> <benjamin.dittwald at fokus.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> > Hello All,
> >

> > I would like to know if it’s possible to search the CKAN DataStore over
> > mutliple datasets to get a filtered resultset? Like it’s possible in SQL
> > when I search over multiple tables and only get the information I need.
>
> Just to add to Salman's response.
>
> While this is currently not possible it is *extremely* easy to add
> since the backend for the DataStore supports search over multiple
> "tables" / "datasets" very easily. As several people have enquired
> about it it will be something we'll be looking into adding.
>
> Rufus

Eduardo Santos
Analista de Sistemas

http://www.eduardosan.com