[ckan-dev] template variables

David Read david.read at hackneyworkshop.com
Thu Jul 26 10:38:40 UTC 2012

On 26 July 2012 11:24, Toby Dacre <toby.okfn at gmail.com> wrote:
> other than that I think it's ended up being a personal choice we should be
> more consistent

It's good to establish that using extra_vars should not be a signal to
prevent caching, so I'll fix your rule in lib/base.

> the caching is a little flakey mainly because we only try to cache if things
> are `safe` if we have extra_vars then they might contain user specific
> stuff.

You don't cache pages for logged in users, though.

I get your point about being cautious caching, but we found the
performance of CKAN is dog slow without it when you get into 1000s of
datasets & resources.

Dave