[ckan-dev] Config file troubles,

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Thu Jul 26 11:25:47 UTC 2012

> I am new to ckan and Linux , and I have been assigned a project to develop a
> data hub using ckan and I am having a lot of challenges since  my learning
> curve is very steep.
>
>  My main problem right now is that I cannot get the file upload to work, I
> don't know what I am doing wrong, can any 1 help by sending a sample config
> file the /std/std.ini file ?

Hi John,

assuming you want to use local filesystem storage, to enable CKAN's
FileStore you need to add two lines to the [app:main] section of your
config file:

    [app:main]
    ofs.impl = pairtree
    ofs.storage_dir = /tmp/bucket

A common mistake is to add these lines to the bottom of the file, rather
than underneath the [app:main] line. Then you need to install pairtree
by running the command:

    pip install pairtree

If you still can't get it working, could you provide us with more info?

- What version of CKAN are you using?
- Is it a package install or a source install?
- Are you trying to use local file storage or cloud storage?
- Could you paste your entire config file for us? (with any sensitive
  details removed)
- What exactly is going wrong? Are you seeing an error message in the
  browser, in the console, or in the CKAN log files?