[ckan-dev] Problems with localization

Luca De Santis dex at lucadex.it
Fri Jul 27 07:33:45 UTC 2012

Il giorno 26/lug/2012, alle ore 18.31, Sean Hammond ha scritto:

> .... So the easiest thing for you to do would be
> either to wait until CKAN 1.8 is released, or switch to the CKAN 1.8
> beta right now.....

Thank you very much Sean for your insightful answer!

For this project I ended up editing a personal copy of the templates (under my-templates etc) and correcting the missing strings. That's not a big issue for me, since the site http://dati.toscana.it supports at present just one language.

I'll wait for the 1.8 version to come out to check whether some of the pages that at present need translation have been fixed.

Just for the record the pages that I encountered that seem to need i18n support are:

- /user/login.html ("Remember me" & "Sign in")
- /package/search.html and template/package/group/read.html (Tags, Resource Formats, Groups)
- /package/resource_read.html (the "No description" message)
- the "Add related item" dialog (some strings are i18n savvy, others not)
- the stats page (labels on the graphs)
- the history page (as far as the log messages are concerned).

Also it would be useful to find a way to localize licenses (and possibly datasets & resources names & notes... even a simple thing for these, e.g. having a single set of extra fields for specifying name and notes in another language).

Have a nice day you CKANers, wherever you are!
L.

--
Luca De Santis
via Rosa Luxemburg 10/P