[ckan-dev] Problems with localization

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jul 27 10:54:35 UTC 2012

> - /user/login.html ("Remember me" & "Sign in")
> - /package/search.html and template/package/group/read.html (Tags, Resource Formats, Groups)
> - /package/resource_read.html (the "No description" message)
> - the "Add related item" dialog (some strings are i18n savvy, others not)
> - the stats page (labels on the graphs)
> - the history page (as far as the log messages are concerned).

Thanks, I'll check each of these before the 1.8 release

> Also it would be useful to find a way to localize licenses (and
> possibly datasets & resources names & notes... even a simple thing for
> these, e.g. having a single set of extra fields for specifying name
> and notes in another language).

I'm not sure about the licenses although I recall some discussion about
them recently.

For user-generated content such as the titles and descriptions of
datasets and groups, tags, etc. you can translate these using CKAN's
multilingual support:

http://docs.ckan.org/en/ckan-1.7.1/multilingual.html

> Have a nice day you CKANers, wherever you are!

Have a nice day, from Edinburgh Scotland!