[ckan-dev] DataStorer and preview troubleshooting

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Mon Jul 30 18:16:41 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 10:57 AM, David Raznick <kindly at gmail.com> wrote:

>> Now my question is -- where does "ckan-data.cityofsantacruz.com" from?
>
> This comes from the ini file. It is derived of the site_id.  The
> site_id must be data.cityofsantacruz.com, we prepend "ckan-" to it.

Well, that explains why my greps were fruitless.  Thanks :-)

> The above issue is definitely something to do with ckan receiving the
> wrong hostname/script headers and not being able to determine where it
> is.  So that may be part of the problem.  If I could see your
> apache/nginx config that would be handy.

* The hostname of this machine is dbeach.local.
* I changed the "server_name" parameter of
/etc/nginx/sites-enabled/ckan from dbeach.local to
data.cityofsantacruz.com and rebooted
* After that change, uploads and data store and Recline visualization
all worked successfully.

I'm *not* 100% understanding this fix -- the nginx.conf file had that
server name in it from day 1 and I did several successful test uploads
and data calls and visualization demos with it.  But if this "breaks"
again, I'll start looking at the nginx and apache2 configs first.

Thanks for your troubleshooting help!
Jim

--
-----