[ckan-dev] DataStorer and preview troubleshooting

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Mon Jul 30 21:48:08 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 2:39 PM, David Raznick <kindly at gmail.com> wrote:

> However, if you are browsing using http://dbeach.local/dataset (or
> using the ip address) it will pass the hostname as dbeach.local and
> may cause errors.  So setting it explicitly will help with local
> testing.  I can not think of anything else that would cause that
> inconsistency.

You know, that actually could explain why I now mysteriously have CKAN
users -- in addition to the admin/"Site Administrator" account that I
manually created -- for "dbeach.local" and "data.cityofsantacruz.com"
since I would have used either or both of those addresses at some
point when doing API or web interface testing from the server via
lynx.

Thanks again for the explanation!
-Jim

--