[ckan-dev] ckanjs + datacatalog.js

Rufus Pollock okfn.rufus.pollock at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 20:17:21 UTC 2012

Hi All,

Over the weekend at the Berlin Open Data coding data on Saturday [1] I
had some time to do some coding on CKAN JS:
<https://github.com/okfn/ckanjs> (For those not familiar, CKAN JS is a
Javascript library that wraps the CKAN API!)

One thing I did along with a coder here in Berlin, is split out the
'app' part of CKAN JS into a separate repo named DataCatalog.js:

<https://github.com/okfn/datacatalog.js>

The idea is that people will just be a clone, set their CKAN backend
(e.g. DataHub.io), tweak a few config parameters in a JS file and, hey
presto, you'll have a simple data catalog frontend running in pure JS
+ HTML.

Current version running here:

<http://okfnlabs.org/datacatalog.js/>

One quite nice thing we already have (albeit imperfectly) is the
ability to set a groups filter so that you only get groups (and in
future datasets) that intersect with that group.

Rufus

[1]: http://okfn.de/2012/05/okf-in-berlin-meetup-diesen-samstag/