[ckan-dev] Running the core extensions tests

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jun 6 13:12:10 UTC 2012

Hey, is anyone else running the core extensions tests as well whenever
they run the core tests? I haven't been until recently, and as a result
a commit to CKAN (probably one of mine, I think) broke the multilingual
extension (which I've now fixed). We need to make sure the core
extensions keep working just as much as we need to keep CKAN working, so
we should all be doing this:

    nosetests --ckan ckan ckanext

which runs the core tests and also the tests for each core extension.
(It would also find all the tests if you just did `nosetests --ckan` and
didn't specify any subdirs, but then it'll find the test*.ini files as
well and will run both the sqlite and the postgres tests.)

I've updated the 'Testing for Developers' section in the docs to include
this.

Jenkins has been doing this for a while. By the way, did anyone notice
that all the tests are finally passing on Jenkins for master (and also
release-dgu1 and release-v1.7.1):

http://s031.okserver.org:8080/job/CKAN_PostgreSQL_Tests/

There are lots of current development branches that still have tests
failing, the recent ones look like they just need to merge from master
to get the latest fixes. feature-2375-demo-theme was failing because
jinja2 wasn't on the server, that should be fixed now hopefully.