[ckan-dev] DataStorer extension location question

Jim Craner jim at codeforamerica.org
Wed Jun 13 05:47:03 UTC 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm (still) trying to get the DataStorer functionality working.  I
have a fresh install of CKAN 1.7 from source running on a local Ubuntu
10.04 LTS virtual environment.

I got CKAN running, the FileStore running, everything is looking good.

I really need some help clarifying the instructions found here:

https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datastorer

These instructions *seem* to work, as in no errors are generated
during the installation, but I'm really not sure where the files are
supposed to end up.  When I try to access CKAN after installing this,
I get a 500 error and the logs report "PluginNotFoundException:
datastore."

My CKAN folder is in my server's user's home folder, ~/pyenv/src/ckan.
 The config file is ~/pyenv/src/ckan/datasc.ini.  The installation
instructions instruct me to download a zip file which becomes an
okfn-ckanext-datastorer folder (which I've tried putting in ~ and in
~/pyenv/src/ckan).  When I run the installation, it generates a
subfolder "ckanext" which has its own folder within it called
"datastorer".  I tried putting that final "datastorer" folder directly
in my existing ~/pyenv/src/ckan/ckanext folder and got the same
results.  So at that point I'm completely lost.

Can someone who has DataStorer running successfully tell me a) what to
put in my CONFIG.ini file's plugins line (e.g., "datastore archiver"
or "datastorer archiver" or something else)?  And b) what should the
correct file structure be for the datastorer extension folder(s)
relative to the root of my CKAN installation?

Thanks,
Jim

--
-----