[ckan-dev] Trac ticket refs in commit messages

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jun 4 17:19:16 UTC 2012

> I'm not sure that closes #1234 is actually of any value due to our code
> review being needed before closing tickets so closing is not caused by a
> commit but a merge

Yeah I'm not sure what to do about this. I think we want the 'closes
#123' to be in the original commit not in the merge commit, but we don't
want to actually close the ticket on trac until it gets merged.
Unfortunately looking at the github trac plugin, it looks like it'll
close the ticket as soon as 'closes #123' appears on a commit message on
any branch.

We could put the 'closes #123' in the merge commit but I think that'll
make the commit messages really unhelpful for anyone doing git log later
on.

Maybe we have to settle for letting trac tickets get closed before stuff
has been merged into master?