[ckan-dev] DataStorer extension location question

Haq, Salman Salman.Haq at neustar.biz
Fri Jun 15 12:57:35 UTC 2012

On 6/14/12 6:27 PM, "Jim Craner" <jim at codeforamerica.org> wrote:

>Hi Salman,
>
>~/pyenv/lib/python2.6/site-packages/ckanext-datasource.egg-link does
>NOT exist.  (Nor does that filename exist in any other folder on the
>system.)
>
>Is that useful info?  Was there a problem with the datastorer
>extension installation or something else?

Yes. It means that the package did not install successfully in your pyenv.
That is consistent with the error in your log file about not being able to
find the plugin because import of the module fails.

Let's try installing the plugin again.

Try this command:

sudo -u CKANUSERNAME pip install -I -U -E CKANPYENVHOME -e
git+https://github.com/okfn/ckanext-datastorer.git#egg=ckanext-datastorer
-f
http://github.com/okfn/ckanext-archiver/tarball/master#egg=ckanext-archiver

You don't need to activate your virtualenv to run this command.
-e tells pip to install from a the given git repo.
-f tells pip to install dependencies from the given path(s).
-E tells pip where to install the packages.
-I tells pip to ignore the already installed version of the package.
-U tells pip to upgrade the package if it is already installed.
sudo -u CKANUSERNAME runs the pip command as CKANUSERNAME.

Salman