[ckan-dev] Proposal - direct CKAN questions to stackoverflow.com

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Fri Jun 15 15:38:53 UTC 2012

> I'm an idiot, there are already CKAN questions on SO, the tag has been
> created:
>
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/tagged/ckan

...and this morning, it looks like someone has deleted the tag. Can't
see who or why. This is the downside that I was trying to get at when
saying that we don't control SO, we can't even control the creation and
deletion of the CKAN tag, nor the "tag wiki" text that goes with it,
which questions are tagged ckan or not, which questions and answers are
voted up, marked as correct, appear in the faq, etc. I like
stackoverflow, but I can see this being a problem if we're going to try
to use it for ckan.

I think this is a failed experiment for now, unless someone with enough
SO points decides to try creating a ckan tag again.