[ckan-dev] Proposal - direct CKAN questions to stackoverflow.com

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Mon Jun 18 14:29:24 UTC 2012

> I'm really a massive +1 on *just* using stackoverflow right now -- no need
> for stackexchange or a separate site :-)

Ok, the ckan tag on SO is back, lets see if it survives this time. To be
clear, I think we probably need the tag if we're going to use SO,
because that's what allows us to have our own ckan page, feed, and email
notices, so that we can monitor incoming questions and answer them.

I think it would be helpful if people could start posting questions now
and tagging them ckan. You can either ask a question that you don't know
the answer to and we'll try to answer it, or document something about
ckan by asking and answering your own question.

P.S. I talked to Nils about hosting our own OSQA instance, it sounds
like it would be a bit of a pain, in the past OKFN OSQA instances have
had problems with slowness and spam.