[ckan-dev] Fwd: An idea for a SoD component

Sean Hammond sean.hammond at okfn.org
Wed Jun 20 13:11:00 UTC 2012

> Marcus Dapp sent a message about Sofa Statistics[1], a stats and
> reporting package - he said "Maybe show it to the CKAN devs to see
> what they think about interfacing with it...?"
>
> Not sure what that would look like but just bringing it up in case
> it's of interest.

Wow, did anyone else watch the video?

http://www.sofastatistics.com/videos.php

Images of a mouse pointer hovering over graphs and pie charts,
accompanied with thumping dance music.

So as far as I can tell it's desktop statistics app, presumably it lets
you compute statistics over some data first, and then you can plot
graphs and other visualisations and output them. I haven't looked, but
if it has some sort of plugin interface you might be able to write a
CKAN plugin for it so that it can read data directly from a CKAN
instance, and maybe even let you edit data in Sofa and upload the
changes to CKAN.