[ckan-dev] recline UX

Rufus Pollock rufus.pollock at okfn.org
Thu Jun 28 21:30:52 UTC 2012

> Not having the full background about this discussion, I just want to add
> that I hope the new changes to the Recline UI that uses SlickGrid will
> allow extensive customization of the grid cells.

It supports complete customization via the normal Field renderer method, see:

https://github.com/okfn/recline/blob/master/src/view.slickgrid.js#L77

And Field docs:

http://reclinejs.com/docs/models.html#field

> In my use case, the data is an arbitrary JSON document, not necessarily
> from a CSV. So individual fields/columns may need to be rendered
> differently. Some may not be editable, others might use an autocomplete
> text input, etc.

The question of editability etc is somewhat separate, atm the
slickgrid setup does not allow editability but re-adding that should
be very straightforward.

Rufus